Last Updated: November 8, 2016
Any references to "BuildingLink," "we," "our" or "us" refer to BuildingLink.com, LLC.
Customers and Users
Our "Customer" is typically a legal entity representing a building or property. Customers purchase or license one or more products or services that are part of the Platform.
You are a user of the Platform. BuildingLink collects information from our Customers and users on behalf of our Customers. There are many types of users, and each one has a unique relationship to the information that we collect. Users can include our Customers' employees (e.g., building staff, maintenance personnel, managers, etc.), residents (tenants, owners, subtenants, guests, etc.), service providers (outside contractors, local businesses, etc.) and others. Each of these (and generally anyone who has a BuildingLink username and password) is considered a "Registered User". Some users may not be Registered Users, such as a visitor to our public website.
Most Registered Users will be affiliated with one or more BuildingLink Customers (i.e., your building). BuildingLink is the custodian of data on behalf of our Customers, with respect to much of the information we collect. Each Customer also determines its own policies regarding information collection, access, sharing and retention. Please contact the Customer if you have any questions regarding their privacy practices.
The Information we collect
BuildingLink collects both personally identifiable information (such as your name or address) and anonymous information (such as your IP address). Most of this information is provided by our Customers or by you, when you use our Platform.
Finally, we receive some information from other Registered Users. An example would be when a Registered User submits or modifies the information and settings for various non-member 3rd parties, such as family members, roommates, or other people who are relevant to the building's management and who they wish to submit through BuildingLink (i.e. housekeepers, cleaners, caretakers). There may also be personally identifiable information submitted by our Customers about our Registered Users that Registered Users cannot access directly.
The types of information we collect depend on your level of access and engagement with BuildingLink and can include:
- Contact information such as names, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers
- Unique identifiers such as usernames, passwords, BuildingLink account numbers
- Biometric information such as fingerprints
- Electronic signatures
- Basic information submitted by you or on your behalf such as maintenance request descriptions, package tracking numbers or amenity reservation details
- Information uploaded by you such as documents attached to the BuildingLink library
- If you choose to use sign in services such as Facebook Connect, these services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address.
- Your communications with us, such as your requests for customer support
- Information about your usage such as IP addresses, browser type, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
How we use the information
For users of our platform, we use the information we receive to:
- Provide the services our Customer requested
- Notify you of activity related to your account, such as when a package is delivered to the property for you
- Administer your account
- Respond to customer service and support requests
- Create and provide better and improved products and services based on your use of the site and your feedback
- List you in our member directory made available only to other members of your building
- Conduct research and analysis
- Send you our newsletter, which you may opt out of at any time
For visitors requesting information about our products and services from one of our websites, we use the information we receive to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you marketing communications
- Send you our newsletter, which you may opt out of at any time
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Your personal information is neither sold nor rented to third parties without your express permission. We do retain the right to share non-identifying aggregated demographic and/or statistical information with partners, advertisers and sponsors.
We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to improve your experience on the website and to share with partners, advertisers and sponsors. For example, any personal information will remain with us, however, your visit may be counted to demonstrate the number of visitors to a particular page or area of the site.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If BuildingLink is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
BuildingLink will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
User Access and Choice
You may access, correct, update, amend or remove certain personally identifiable information by making the change on your user account settings page, by requesting that your property manager (or other program administrator) make such change on your behalf, by emailing our customer support team at email@example.com, or calling +1-877-501-7117. If you no longer require our service, or wish to request your personal information be deleted/removed, please contact us using the aforementioned direct methods. Termination of service proceedings are conducted offline and are subject to approval by our Customer, if you are a resident or staff user. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.
Our commitment to children's privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has jurisdiction over BuildingLink.com's compliance with the Privacy Shield.
Changes to this policy